Welcome to the February Challenge…28 days of planking!! As you can see, there are NO DAYS OFF!! I’m challenging you to strengthen your entire core area with a few of my favorite variations of this one mega move.
Contrary to popular belief, the core is NOT just the rectus abdominis better known as the coveted six-pack abs. Rather, it is a collective group of muscles that act as stabilizers and help maintain spinal alignment. Some even go as far as to say it’s the whole body minus the head, arms and legs! For the purposes of this challenge, we will define the core as the rectus abdominis, the transverse abdominis (love handles), the obliques (somewhere between the two, lol!) and the erector spinae (low back). Some of the exercises listed will also target your arms, shoulders, and glutes. Don’t fret, just view those as a bonus!! Before you begin, be sure to consider these tips for proper form when performing the plank exercise:
-Keep everything in line from the top of your head to the tip of your tailbone. Don’t let your head or hips sag or pop up and “break” the line.
-Pull your navel into your spine the whole time. As you hold the position longer, your belly is going to want to sag, don’t let it!
-Make sure your wrists and elbows are in line with your shoulders. (Exception: the extended plank where your hands will be slightly above your head.)
-Press down into the floor and engage your lats keeping a space between your ears and shoulders. Avoid the ” shoulder shrug” position.
-Don’t hold your breath!!
Push yourself to meet each daily goal and see if you don’t notice a change at the end of this 28-day challenge. HAPPY PLANKING!!!
21 Notes/ Hide
- chromatella reblogged this from eatsleepsweat
- loveforeverwithyou likes this
- kaygrayyyy likes this
- pushingpurpose reblogged this from eatsleepsweat
- lachapcm reblogged this from eatsleepsweat
- nicholaj reblogged this from eatsleepsweat
- shrinkingwallflower likes this
- beastlygreat reblogged this from eatsleepsweat and added:
- melimayhem likes this
- emotionsofacancer likes this
- w-rkit likes this
- addisonmotherfuckingmontgomery likes this
- wrapmetightyemi reblogged this from eatsleepsweat
- worth-therushh likes this
- holymelancholy likes this
- ifitsnotexpensivedontwearit likes this
- eatsleepsweat posted this